Other Names: Bedding Sand, Backfill Sand
We are very fortunate to have a high quality consistent river sand deposit at Woongoolbah.
Our Fill Sand is washed onsite to remove impurities, screened to remove any oversize material and fines, and then stockpiled. Fill Sand is very economical and versatile and has many uses:
- Under Concrete Slabs – Fill Sand is an important product in virtually any construction project. If can be used under all concrete slabs. It has very good compaction properties and is very easy to spread and level to your requirements.
- Under Pavers or Paving Slabs – Our Fill Sand can be used to create a level solid foundation for any paving project
- Bedding Sand – Fill Sand is the perfect choice for bedding and backfill around pipes and conduits. Our sand undergoes regular tests to ensure it meets relevant electrical conductivity test specifications.
- Backfill Sand – Due to its great compaction attributes, our Fill Sand is great to used as backfill materials around pools, large concrete structures, manhole, gullyboxes, etc..
- Animal Stalls – Fill Sand is good to use in animals stall due to its good drainage properties.
- 1 cubic metre of loose Fill Sand weighs approximately 1,430kgs.*
- 1 tonne of loose Fill Sand is approximately 0.7 cubic metres.*
* May vary according to moisture content.
Corridor Sands pride themselves on supplying premium quality sands/soils, excellent customer service and fast, efficient loading.
Call or Email Glen for expert advice and pricing for any of these products:
Frequently Asked Questions
1m3 = 1.4t (approx, can vary according to how wet the sand is)
Please ignore GPS directions
We are located on the Northern Gold Coast 15kms from the M1 Highway.
71 Marks Road, Woongoolba, Qld.
- Access via Stapylton/Jacobs Well Road,
- Turn at Mill Road,
- Continue 2kms past the Rocky Point Sugar Mill,
- Turn left into Corridor Sands.
Minimum 3 tonne pick up ex plant.
Yes delivery can be arranged please phone us for a quote. Ph 07 5546 1253 or 0411 215 345
Delivery available to Gold Coast, Logan, Redland Bay, Brisbane and Ipswich Regions
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 4:00pm
Saturdays or out of hours by arrangement with the Plant Manager
Yes you can.
Yes, click here to download a copy.
Yes we do for Safety, Quality and Environment.
- Corridor Sand’s Occupational Health and Safety System is certified to AS/NZS 4801:2001 accredited by Sci Qual International.
- Corridor Sand’s Safety Management Systems is certified to ISO 45001:2018 accredited by Sci Qual International.
- Corridor Sand’s Quality Management Systems is certified to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 accredited by Sci Qual International.
- Corridor Sand’s Environmental Management System is certified to AS/NZS ISO 14001:2015 accredited by Sci Qual International.
No, we only sell sand in Bulk – 3 tonne minimum.